A Teen for God (A-T-4-G) presents Project “ACTS” 2019 (“Assist a Child To School” – a scheme aimed at lending a helping hand to those in need).
All interested candidates are to write and submit an essay on the topic, “MY EFFORTS IN MAKING MY LIFE, FAMILY AND SOCIETY BETTER IN SPITE OF LIFE’S CHALLENGES.”
Submission Deadline – 11th July, 2019
Early submission – 4th July, 2019
Late submission – 11th July, 2019
(additional points for early submissions)
Shortlist to be announced – 18th July, 2019
Winner to be announced – 25th July, 2019
Winner’s prize: One-year scholarship for 2019/2020 academic session
-Must be between the ages of 11 and 18
-Must be attending a state government or community secondary school in Benue state or the FCT, Nigeria
-Can be any student from JS1 to SS2
HOW TO SUBMIT
Hard copy – to representatives of A-T-4-G in your region.
Soft copy – send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a Microsoft Word format of the essay.
- Entrants should submit only ONE essay (maximum limit – 2000 words).
- The essay MUST be about real-life situations i.e. not false or plagiarised.
- When writing the essay:
- The heading should read, “Project ACTS 2019”
- Personal details MUST be included before starting the essay: FULL NAME, YEAR OF BIRTH, MOTHER’S OCCUPATION, FATHER’S OCCUPATION, POSITION IN THE FAMILY (e.g. 2nd of 5), RESIDENT CITY, CONTACT ADDRESS, CONTACT PHONE NUMBER, E-MAIL ADDRESS (if any), NAME & LOCATION OF SCHOOL, arranged in this order.
- The title of your work should read, “My efforts in making my life, family and society better in spite of life’s challenges.”
- The body of the text should be well paragraphed.
- Marking scheme – content, grammar, spelling & punctuation, adherence to rules and early submission (50 marks).
- Shortlisted candidates WILLbe required to present proof of eligibility.
- JUDGES’ DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND NOT OPEN TO DEBATE.
For questions/more details, contact us via:
Telephone – +2348059583093 +2347068479354, +79064655239
E-mail – email@example.com
ENTRY FEE: FREE!
A Teen for God is an organization interested in reaching out to teenagers spiritually, emotionally, academically (career wise), mentally and socially. Project ACTS seeks to realise an aspect of this. Calling on everyone who needs this opportunity (and meets the criteria) to take part. Feel free to share with loved ones who need the opportunity as well.
With a little more love, care, support and encouragement, our world will sure be a better place – because, investing in today’s teens (youths) will make a beautiful and purpose-filled generation.